2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing pens, ballpoint pen refills and cartridges, mechanical pencils, and felt tipped markers.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing nonmechanical pencils and pencil leads--are classified in U.S. Industry 339942, Lead Pencil and Art Good Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing writing, drawing, and india inks--are classified in U.S. Industry 325998, All Other Miscellaneous Chemical Product and Preparation Manufacturing; and
- Manufacturing rubber erasers--are classified in U.S. Industry 326299, All Other Rubber Product Manufacturing.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Ball point pens manufacturing
- Felt tip markers manufacturing
- Fountain pens manufacturing
- Mechanical pencils manufacturing
- Nibs (i.e., pen points) manufacturing
- Pen refills and cartridges manufacturing
- Pencils, mechanical, manufacturing
- Pens manufacturing