2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in the merchant wholesale distribution of fish and seafood (except canned or packaged frozen).
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Merchant wholesale distribution of packaged frozen fish and seafood--are classified in Industry 424420, Packaged Frozen Food Merchant Wholesalers;
- Merchant wholesale distribution of canned fish and seafood--are classified in Industry 424490, Other Grocery and Related Products Merchant Wholesalers; and
- Canning, smoking, salting, drying, or freezing seafood and shucking and packing fresh shellfish--are classified in Industry 31171, Seafood Product Preparation and Packaging.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Cured fish merchant wholesalers
- Fish (except canned, packaged frozen) merchant wholesalers
- Fresh fish merchant wholesalers
- Fresh seafood merchant wholesalers
- Frozen fish (except packaged) merchant wholesalers
- Frozen seafood (except packaged) merchant wholesalers
- Seafood (except canned, packaged frozen) merchant wholesalers