2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in the merchant wholesale distribution of meats and meat products (except canned and packaged frozen) and/or lard.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Merchant wholesale distribution of packaged frozen meats--are classified in Industry 424420, Packaged Frozen Food Merchant Wholesalers;
- Merchant wholesale distribution of canned meats--are classified in Industry 424490, Other Grocery and Related Products Merchant Wholesalers; and
- Preparing boxed beef--are classified in U.S. Industry 311612, Meat Processed from Carcasses.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Cutting of purchased carcasses (except boxed meat cut on an assembly-line basis) merchant wholesalers
- Fresh meats merchant wholesalers
- Frozen meats (except packaged) merchant wholesalers
- Lard merchant wholesalers
- Meats and meat products (except canned, packaged frozen) merchant wholesalers
- Meats, cured or smoked, merchant wholesalers
- Meats, fresh, merchant wholesalers
- Meats, frozen (except packaged), merchant wholesalers
- Processed meats (e.g., luncheon, sausage) merchant wholesalers