2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in the merchant wholesale distribution of grains, such as corn, wheat, oats, barley, and unpolished rice; dry beans; and soybeans and other inedible beans. Included in this industry are establishments primarily engaged in operating country or terminal grain elevators primarily for the purpose of wholesaling.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Merchant wholesale distribution of field and garden seeds--are classified in Industry 424910, Farm Supplies Merchant Wholesalers; and
- Operating grain elevators for storage only--are classified in Industry 493130, Farm Product Warehousing and Storage.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Beans, dry, merchant wholesalers
- Dry beans merchant wholesalers
- Grain elevators merchant wholesalers grain
- Grain merchant wholesalers
- Rice, unpolished, merchant wholesalers
- Soybeans merchant wholesalers