2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises wholesale trade agents and brokers acting on behalf of buyers or sellers in the wholesale distribution of goods. Agents and brokers do not take title to the goods being sold but rather receive a commission or fee for their service. Agents and brokers for all durable and nondurable goods are included in this industry.
Cross-References. Establishments acting in the capacity of agents or brokers that operate using the Internet or other electronic means instead of a sales force are classified in Industry 425110, Business to Business Electronic Markets.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Agents and brokers, durable goods, wholesale trade
- Agents and brokers, nondurable goods, wholesale trade
- Automobile auctions, wholesale
- Durable goods agents and brokers, wholesale trade
- Nondurable goods agents and brokers, wholesale trade
- Petroleum brokers