2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing new and used motorcycles, boats, and other vehicles (except automobiles, light trucks, and recreational vehicles), or retailing these new vehicles in combination with activities, such as repair services and selling replacement parts and accessories.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing new nonmotorized bicycles, surfboards, or wind sail boards--are classified in Industry 45111, Sporting Goods Stores;
- Retailing used nonmotorized bicycles, surfboards, or wind sail boards--are classified in Industry 45331, Used Merchandise Stores;
- Retailing new or used automobiles and light trucks--are classified in Industry Group 4411, Automobile Dealers;
- Retailing new or used recreational vehicles, such as travel trailers--are classified in Industry 44121, Recreational Vehicle Dealers;
- Providing repair services for vehicles without retailing new vehicles--are classified in the appropriate industry for the repair services; and
- Retailing fuel and marine supplies at a marina--are classified in Industry 71393, Marinas.