2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in (1) retailing new and/or used boats or retailing new boats in combination with activities, such as repair services and selling replacement parts and accessories, and/or (2) retailing new and/or used outboard motors, boat trailers, marine supplies, parts, and accessories.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing new surfboards or wind sail boards--are classified in Industry 451110, Sporting Goods Stores;
- Retailing used surfboards or wind sail boards--are classified in Industry 453310, Used Merchandise Stores;
- Providing boat repair services without retailing new boats--are classified in Industry 811490, Other Personal and Household Goods Repair and Maintenance;
- Retailing new or used personal watercraft--are classified in U.S. Industry 441221, Motorcycle, ATV, and Personal Watercraft Dealers; and
- Operating docking and/or storage facilities for pleasure craft owners--are classified in Industry 713930, Marinas.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Boat dealers, new and used
- Boat trailer dealers
- Marine supply dealers
- Outboard motor dealers
- Power boat dealers
- Sail boat dealers
- Used boat dealers