2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing new and/or used utility trailers and vehicles (except automobiles, light trucks, recreational vehicles, motorcycles, boats, motor scooters, motorbikes, off-road all-terrain vehicles, and personal watercraft) or retailing these new vehicles in combination with activities, such as repair services and selling replacement parts and accessories.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing new automobiles and light trucks--are classified in Industry 441110, New Car Dealers;
- Retailing used automobiles and light trucks--are classified in Industry 441120, Used Car Dealers;
- Retailing new or used recreational vehicles, such as travel trailers--are classified in Industry 441210, Recreational Vehicle Dealers;
- Retailing new or used motorcycles, motor scooters, motorbikes, off-road all-terrain vehicles, and personal watercraft--are classified in U.S. Industry 441221, Motorcycle, ATV, and Personal Watercraft Dealers;
- Retailing new or used boats, outboard motors, boat trailers, and marine supplies--are classified in U.S. Industry 441222, Boat Dealers; and
- Providing vehicle repair services without retailing new vehicles--are classified in the appropriate industry for the repair services.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Aircraft dealers
- Golf cart dealers, powered
- Snowmobile dealers
- Used aircraft dealers
- Used utility trailer dealers
- Utility trailer dealers