2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing new furniture, such as household furniture (e.g., baby furniture box springs and mattresses) and outdoor furniture; office furniture (except those sold in combination with office supplies and equipment); and/or furniture sold in combination with major appliances, home electronics, home furnishings, or floor coverings.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing furniture via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing used furniture--are classified in Industry 453310, Used Merchandise Stores; Retailing custom furniture made on premises--are classified in
- Subsector 337, Furniture and Related Product Manufacturing; and · Retailing new office furniture and a range of new office equipment and supplies--are classified in Industry 453210, Office Supplies and Stationery Stores.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Bed stores, retail
- Furniture and appliance stores (i.e., primarily retailing furniture)
- Furniture stores (e.g., household, office, outdoor)
- Mattress stores (including waterbeds)
- Office furniture stores