2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing new floor coverings, such as rugs and carpets, vinyl floor coverings, and floor tile (except ceramic or wood only); or retailing new floor coverings in combination with installation and repair services.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing floor coverings via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Installing floor coverings without retailing new floor coverings--are classified in Industry 238330, Flooring Contractors;
- Retailing ceramic floor tile or wood floor coverings only--are classified in Industry 444190, Other Building Material Dealers; and
- Retailing used rugs and carpets--are classified in Industry 453310, Used Merchandise Stores.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Carpet stores
- Floor covering stores (except wood or ceramic tile only)
- Rug stores