2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing new home furnishings (except furniture and floor coverings).
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing home furnishings via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing custom curtains and draperies made on premises--are classified in Industry 31412, Curtain and Linen Mills;
- Retailing new mirrored glass, lighting fixtures, and new ceramic floor tile or wood floor coverings only--are classified in Industry 44419, Other Building Material Dealers;
- Retailing new furniture--are classified in Industry 44211, Furniture Stores;
- Retailing new floor coverings (except ceramic or wood only)--are classified in Industry 44221, Floor Covering Stores; and
- Retailing used home furnishings--are classified in Industry 45331, Used Merchandise Stores.