2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments known as appliance stores primarily engaged in retailing an array of new household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, ovens, irons, coffeemakers, hair dryers, electric razors, room air-conditioners, microwave ovens, sewing machines, and vacuum cleaners, or retailing new appliances in combination with appliance repair services.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing household appliances via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing new sewing machines in combination with selling new sewing supplies, fabrics, patterns, yarns, and other needlework accessories--are classified in Industry 451130, Sewing, Needlework, and Piece Goods Stores;
- Providing household-type appliance repair services without retailing new appliances--are classified in U.S. Industry 811412, Appliance Repair and Maintenance; and
- Retailing used appliances--are classified in Industry 453310, Used Merchandise Stores.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Appliance stores, household-type
- Household-type appliance stores
- Sewing machine stores, household-type
- Vacuum cleaner stores, household-type