2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing new computers, computer peripherals, and prepackaged computer software without retailing other consumer-type electronic products or office equipment, office furniture, and office supplies; or retailing these new products in combination with repair and support services.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing computers and software via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing new electronic toys, such as dedicated video game consoles and handheld electronic games--are classified in Industry 451120, Hobby, Toy, and Game Stores;
- Providing computer repair services without retailing new computers--are classified in U.S. Industry 811212, Computer and Office Machine Repair and Maintenance;
- Retailing new computers, computer peripherals, and prepackaged software in combination with retailing new office equipment, office furniture, and office supplies--are classified in Industry 453210, Office Supplies and Stationery Stores;
- Retailing a general line of new electronic products or specializing in retailing a single line of consumer-type electronic products (except computers)--are classified in U.S. Industry 443112, Radio, Television, and Other Electronics Stores; and
- Retailing used computers, computer software, video games, and handheld electronic games--are classified in Industry 453310, Used Merchandise Stores.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Computer equipment stores
- Computer stores
- Software stores, computer
- Video game software stores