2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in either retailing new cameras, photographic equipment, and photographic supplies or retailing new cameras and photographic equipment in combination with activities, such as repair services and film developing.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing camera and photographic supplies via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing new video cameras--are classified in U.S. Industry 443112, Radio, Television, and Other Electronics Stores;
- One-hour film developing without retailing a range of new photographic equipment and supplies--are classified in U.S. Industry 812922, One-Hour Photofinishing;
- Providing repair services for photographic equipment without retailing new photographic equipment--are classified in U.S. Industry 811211, Consumer Electronics Repair and Maintenance;
- Developing film and/or producing photographic prints, slides, and enlargements (except one-hour photofinishing labs)--are classified in U.S. Industry 812921, Photofinishing Laboratories (except One-Hour); and
- Retailing used cameras and photographic equipment--are classified in Industry 453310, Used Merchandise Stores.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Camera shops, photographic
- Photographic supply stores