2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments known as hardware stores primarily engaged in retailing a general line of new hardware items, such as tools and builders' hardware.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing hardware items via electronic home shopping, mail order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing a general line of home repair and improvement materials and supplies, known as home centers--are classified in Industry 444110, Home Centers; and
- Retailing used hardware items--are classified in Industry 453310, Used Merchandise Stores.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Handtools, power-driven, repair and maintenance services retailing new power-driven handtools
- Hardware stores
- Tool stores, power and hand (except outdoor)