2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing candy and other confections, nuts, and popcorn not for immediate consumption and not made on the premises.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing confectionery goods and nuts via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing confectionery goods and nuts made on premises and not packaged for immediate consumption--are classified in Industry Group 3113, Sugar and Confectionery Product Manufacturing;
- Selling snack foods (e.g., doughnuts, bagels, ice cream, popcorn) for immediate consumption--are classified in U.S. Industry 722213, Snack and Nonalcoholic Beverage Bars; and
- Retailing baked goods made on the premises but not for immediate consumption--are classified in Industry 311811, Retail Bakeries.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Candy stores, packaged, retailing only
- Confectionery stores, packaged, retailing only
- Nut (i.e., packaged) stores