2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in one or more of the following: (1) retailing and fitting prescription eyeglasses and contact lenses; (2) retailing prescription eyeglasses in combination with the grinding of lenses to order on the premises; and (3) selling nonprescription eyeglasses.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Grinding lenses without retailing lenses--are classified in U.S. Industry 339115, Ophthalmic Goods Manufacturing;
- The private or group practice of optometry, even though glasses and contact lenses are sold at these establishments--are classified in Industry 621320, Offices of Optometrists; and
- Retailing eyeglasses and contact lenses via mail-order--are classified in U.S. Industry 454113, Mail-Order Houses.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Lens grinding, ophthalmic, in retail stores
- Optical goods stores (except offices of optometrists)
- Sunglass stores