2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing health and personal care items (except drugs, medicines, optical goods, perfumes, cosmetics, and beauty supplies).
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing health and personal care items via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing orthopedic shoes--are classified in Industry 44821, Shoe Stores;
- Retailing orthopedic and prosthetic appliances that are made on premises--are classified in Industry 33911, Medical Equipment and Supplies Manufacturing;
- Retailing prescription and nonprescription drugs and medicines--are classified in Industry 44611, Pharmacies and Drug Stores;
- Retailing eyeglasses and contact lenses--are classified in Industry 44613, Optical Goods Stores;
- Retailing perfumes, cosmetics, and beauty supplies--are classified in Industry 44612, Cosmetics, Beauty Supplies, and Perfume Stores; and
- Retailing naturally organic foods, such as fruits and vegetables, dairy products, and cereals and grains--are classified in Subsector 445, Food and Beverage Stores.