2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing food supplement products, such as vitamins, nutrition supplements, and body enhancing supplements.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing food supplement products via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing prescription and nonprescription drugs and medicines--are classified in Industry 446110, Pharmacies and Drug Stores; and
- Retailing naturally organic foods, such as fruits and vegetables, dairy products, and cereals and grains--are classified in Subsector 445, Food and Beverage Stores.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Food (i.e., health) supplement stores
- Nutrition (i.e., food supplement) stores
- Vitamin stores