2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing specialized lines of health and personal care merchandise (except drugs, medicines, optical goods, cosmetics, beauty supplies, perfume, and food supplement products).
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing specialized health and personal care merchandise via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing food supplement products--are classified in U.S. Industry 446191, Food (Health) Supplement Stores;
- Retailing prescription or nonprescription drugs and medicines--are classified in Industry 446110, Pharmacies and Drug Stores;
- Retailing eyeglasses and contact lenses--are classified in Industry 446130, Optical Goods Stores;
- Retailing perfumes, cosmetics, and beauty supplies--are classified in Industry 446120, Cosmetics, Beauty Supplies, and Perfume Stores;
- Retailing orthopedic shoes--are classified in Industry 448210, Shoe Stores; and
- Retailing orthopedic and prosthetic appliances that are made on premises--are classified in U.S. Industry 339113, Surgical Appliance and Supplies Manufacturing.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Convalescent supply stores
- Hearing aid stores
- Medical equipment and supplies stores
- Prosthetic stores
- Sick room supply stores