2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing a general line of new children's and infants' clothing. These establishments may provide basic alterations, such as hemming, taking in or letting out seams, or lengthening or shortening sleeves.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing children's and infants' clothing via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing new children's and infants' accessories--are classified in Industry 448150, Clothing Accessories Stores;
- Retailing new clothing for all genders or age groups--are classified in Industry 448140, Family Clothing Stores;
- Retailing secondhand clothes--are classified in Industry 453310, Used Merchandise Stores; and
- Providing clothing alterations and repair--are classified in Industry 811490, Other Personal and Household Goods Repair and Maintenance.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Apparel stores, children's and infants' clothing
- Baby clothing shops
- Clothing stores, children's and infants'