2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing single or combination lines of new clothing accessories, such as hats and caps, costume jewelry, gloves, handbags, ties, wigs, toupees, and belts.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing specialized lines of clothing via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing precious jewelry and watches--are classified in Industry 448310, Jewelry Stores;
- Retailing used clothing accessories--are classified in Industry 453310, Used Merchandise Stores;
- Retailing luggage, briefcases, trunks, or these products in combination with a general line of leather items (except leather apparel), known as luggage and leather goods stores--are classified in Industry 448320, Luggage and Leather Goods Stores; and
- Retailing leather apparel--are classified in Industry 448190, Other Clothing Stores.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Apparel accessory stores
- Clothing accessories stores
- Costume jewelry stores
- Furnishings stores, men's and boys'
- Furnishings stores, women's and girls'
- Handbag stores
- Hat and cap stores
- Jewelry stores, costume
- Neckwear stores
- Tie shops
- Wig and hairpiece stores