2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing all types of new footwear (except hosiery and specialty sports footwear, such as golf shoes, bowling shoes, and spiked shoes). Establishments primarily engaged in retailing new tennis shoes or sneakers are included in this industry.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing footwear via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing hosiery--are classified in Industry 448190, Other Clothing Stores;
- Retailing new specialty sports footwear (e.g., bowling shoes, golf shoes, spiked shoes)--are classified in Industry 451110, Sporting Goods Stores; and
- Retailing used footwear--are classified in Industry 453310, Used Merchandise Stores.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Athletic shoe (except bowling, golf, spiked) stores
- Orthopedic shoes stores
- Shoe (except bowling, golf, spiked) stores
- Shoe stores, orthopedic