2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing new toys, games, and hobby and craft supplies (except needlecraft).
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing toys, games, and hobby and craft supplies via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing artists' supplies or collectors' items, such as coins, stamps, autographs, and cards--are classified in U.S. Industry 453998, All Other Miscellaneous Store Retailers (except Tobacco Stores);
- Retailing new computer software (e.g., game software)--are classified in Industry 443120, Computer and Software Stores;
- Retailing used toys, games, and hobby supplies--are classified in Industry 453310, Used Merchandise Stores; and
- Retailing new sewing supplies, fabrics, and needlework accessories--are classified in Industry 451130, Sewing, Needlework, and Piece Goods Stores.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Craft supply stores (except needlecraft)
- Game stores (including electronic)
- Hobby shops
- Magic supply stores
- Toy stores