2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing new sewing supplies, fabrics, patterns, yarns, and other needlework accessories or retailing these products in combination with selling new sewing machines.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing sewing supplies via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing new sewing machines only and in combination with retailing other new appliances--are classified in U.S. Industry 443111, Household Appliance Stores; and
- Retailing used sewing, needlework, and piece goods--are classified in Industry 453310, Used Merchandise Stores.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Fabric shops
- Needlecraft sewing supply stores
- Piece goods stores
- Sewing supply stores
- Upholstery materials stores