2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing new musical instruments, sheet music, and related supplies; or retailing these new products in combination with musical instrument repair, rental, or music instruction.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing musical instruments, sheet music, and related supplies via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing new musical recordings--are classified in Industry 451220, Prerecorded Tape, Compact Disc, and Record Stores; and
- Retailing used musical instruments, sheet music, and related supplies--are classified in Industry 453310, Used Merchandise Stores.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Music stores (i.e., instrument)
- Musical instrument stores
- Piano stores
- Sheet music stores