2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing current newspapers, magazines, and other periodicals.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Home delivery of newspapers--are classified in Industry 454390, Other Direct Selling Establishments;
- Retailing newspapers and periodicals by mail-order--are classified in Industry 454113, Mail-Order Houses; and
- Retailing used newspapers, magazines, and other periodicals--are classified in Industry 453310, Used Merchandise Stores.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Magazine stands (i.e., permanent)
- News dealers
- Newsstands (i.e., permanent)