2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing new prerecorded audio and video tapes, compact discs (CDs), digital video discs (DVDs), and phonograph records.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing new computer software--are classified in Industry 443120, Computer and Software Stores;
- Retailing prerecorded tapes, compact discs (CDs), digital video discs (DVDs), and records by mail-order--are classified in Industry 454113, Mail-Order Houses;
- Retailing used phonograph records and prerecorded audio and video tapes and discs--are classified in Industry 453310, Used Merchandise Stores; and
- Retailing new audio sound equipment (except automotive)--are classified in U.S. Industry 443112, Radio, Television, and Other Electronics Stores.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Music stores (e.g., cassette, compact disc, record, tape)
- Record stores, new
- Video tape stores