2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments known as warehouse clubs, superstores or supercenters primarily engaged in retailing a general line of groceries in combination with general lines of new merchandise, such as apparel, furniture, and appliances.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing general lines of merchandise via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing a general line of food, generally known as supermarkets and grocery stores--are classified in Industry 445110, Supermarkets and Other Grocery (except Convenience) Stores;
- Retailing general lines of new merchandise with little grocery item sales--are classified in Industry 452990, All Other General Merchandise Stores;
- Retailing new merchandise in discount department stores--are classified in U.S. Industry 452112, Discount Department Stores;
- Retailing new merchandise in department stores other than discount department stores--are classified in U.S. Industry 452111, Department Stores (except Discount Department Stores); and
- Retailing used merchandise--are classified in Industry 453310, Used Merchandise Stores.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Superstores (i.e., food and general merchandise)
- Warehouse clubs (i.e., food and general merchandise)