2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing original and limited edition art works. Included in this industry are establishments primarily engaged in displaying works of art for retail sale in art galleries.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing original and limited edition art works via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing art reproductions (except limited editions)--are classified in U.S. Industry 442299, All Other Home Furnishings Stores;
- Retailing artists' supplies--are classified in U.S. Industry 453998, All Other Miscellaneous Store Retailers (except Tobacco Stores); and
- Displaying works of art not for retail sale in art galleries--are classified in Industry 712110, Museums.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Art auctions
- Art dealers
- Art galleries retailing art
- Galleries, art, retail