2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing air transportation of passengers or passengers and freight over regular routes and on regular schedules. Establishments in this industry operate flights even if partially loaded. Scheduled air passenger carriers including commuter and helicopter carriers (except scenic and sightseeing) are included in this industry.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Providing air transportation of passengers or passengers and cargo with no regular routes and regular schedules--are classified in U.S. Industry 481211, Nonscheduled Chartered Passenger Air Transportation;
- Providing helicopter rides for scenic and sightseeing transportation--are classified in Industry 487990, Scenic and Sightseeing Transportation, Other; and
- Providing air transportation of cargo (without transporting passengers) over regular routes and on regular schedules--are classified in U.S. Industry 481112, Scheduled Freight Air Transportation.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Air commuter carriers, scheduled
- Air passenger carriers, scheduled
- Commuter air carriers, scheduled
- Helicopter passenger carriers, scheduled
- Passenger air transportation, scheduled
- Passenger carriers, air, scheduled
- Scheduled air passenger carriers
- Scheduled air passenger transportation