2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing air transportation of passengers or passengers and cargo with no regular routes and regular schedules.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Providing specialty air transportation or flying services with no regular routes and regular schedules using general purpose aircraft--are classified in U.S. Industry 481219, Other Nonscheduled Air Transportation;
- Providing specialized air sightseeing services--are classified in Industry 487990, Scenic and Sightseeing Transportation, Other;
- Providing air transportation of passengers or passengers and cargo over regular routes and on regular schedules--are classified in U.S. Industry 481111, Scheduled Passenger Air Transportation; and
- Providing air transportation of cargo (without transporting passengers) with no regular routes and schedules--are classified in U.S. Industry 481212, Nonscheduled Chartered Freight Air Transportation.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Air passenger carriers, nonscheduled
- Air taxi services
- Aircraft charter services, passenger
- Charter air passenger services
- Helicopter passenger carriers (except scenic, sightseeing), nonscheduled
- Nonscheduled air passenger transportation
- Passenger air transportation, nonscheduled
- Passenger carriers, air, nonscheduled