2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing local general freight trucking. General freight establishments handle a wide variety of commodities, generally palletized and transported in a container or van trailer. Local general freight trucking establishments usually provide trucking within a metropolitan area which may cross state lines. Generally the trips are same-day return.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Operating independent trucking terminals--are classified in Industry 488490, Other Support Activities for Road Transportation; and
- Providing general freight long-distance trucking including all North American international travel--are classified in Industry 48412, General Freight Trucking, Long-Distance.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Bulk mail truck transportation, contract, local
- Container trucking services, local
- General freight trucking, local
- Motor freight carrier, general, local
- Transfer (trucking) services, general freight, local
- Trucking, general freight, local