2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing long-distance general freight truckload (TL) trucking. These long-distance general freight truckload carrier establishments provide full truck movement of freight from origin to destination. The shipment of freight on a truck is characterized as a full single load not combined with other shipments.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Providing general freight long-distance, less than truckload trucking--are classified in U.S. Industry 484122, General Freight Trucking, Long-Distance, Less Than Truckload;
- Providing specialized freight trucking--are classified in Industry Group 4842, Specialized Freight Trucking;
- Operating independent trucking terminals--are classified in Industry 488490, Other Support Activities for Road Transportation; and
- Providing local general freight trucking services--are classified in Industry 484110, General Freight Trucking, Local.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Bulk mail truck transportation, contract, long-distance (TL)
- Container trucking services, long-distance (TL)
- General freight trucking, long-distance, truckload (TL)
- Motor freight carrier, general, long-distance, truckload (TL)
- Trucking, general freight, long-distance, truckload (TL)