2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing bus passenger transportation over regular routes and on regular schedules, principally outside a single metropolitan area and its adjacent nonurban areas.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Providing scenic and sightseeing transportation using buses--are classified in Industry 487110, Scenic and Sightseeing Transportation, Land;
- Providing buses for charter--are classified in Industry 485510, Charter Bus Industry;
- Operating local and suburban bus transit systems--are classified in U.S. Industry 485113, Bus and Other Motor Vehicle Transit Systems; and
- Operating independent bus terminals--are classified in Industry 488490, Other Support Activities for Road Transportation.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Bus line operation, intercity
- Intercity bus line operation
- Interstate bus line operation
- Interurban bus line operation
- Motor coach operation, interurban and rural
- Rural bus services