2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing special needs transportation (except to and from school or work) to the infirm, elderly, or handicapped. These establishments may use specially equipped vehicles to provide passenger transportation.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Providing school or employee bus transportation for the infirm, elderly, or handicapped--are classified in Industry 485410, School and Employee Bus Transportation; and
- Providing ambulance services for emergency and medical purposes--are classified in Industry 62191, Ambulance Services.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Handicapped passenger transportation services
- Paratransit transportation services
- Senior citizens transportation services
- Special needs passenger transportation services