2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing stevedoring and other marine cargo handling services (except warehousing).
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Preparing freight for transportation--are classified in U.S. Industry 488991, Packing and Crating;
- Operating general merchandise, refrigerated, or other warehousing and storage facilities--are classified in Subsector 493, Warehousing and Storage; and
- Operating docking and pier facilities--are classified in Industry 488310, Port and Harbor Operations.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Loading and unloading services at ports and harbors
- Longshoremen services
- Marine cargo handling services
- Ship hold cleaning services
- Stevedoring services