2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing navigational services to shipping. Marine salvage establishments are included in this industry.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Providing water transportation of barges (except coastal or Great Lakes barge transportation services)--are classified in U.S. Industry 483211, Inland Water Freight Transportation; and
- Providing coastal and/or Great Lakes barge transportation services--are classified in U.S. Industry 483113, Coastal and Great Lakes Freight Transportation.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Cargo salvaging, marine
- Docking and undocking marine vessel services
- Harbor tugboat services
- Marine salvaging services
- Marine vessel traffic reporting services
- Piloting services, water transportation
- Radio beacon (i.e., ship navigation) services
- Tugboat services, harbor operation