2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in towing light or heavy motor vehicles, both local and long distance. These establishments may provide incidental services, such as storage and emergency road repair services.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Operating gasoline stations--are classified in Industry Group 4471, Gasoline Stations;
- Providing automotive repair and maintenance--are classified in Industry Group 8111, Automotive Repair and Maintenance; and
- Both retailing automotive parts and accessories, and repairing automobiles and known as automotive supply stores--are classified in Industry 441310, Automotive Parts and Accessories Stores.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Emergency road services (i.e., tow service)
- Motor vehicle towing services
- Tow truck services
- Towing services, motor vehicle
- Wrecker services (i.e., towing services), motor vehicle