2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating merchandise warehousing and storage facilities. These establishments generally handle goods in containers, such as boxes, barrels, and/or drums, using equipment, such as forklifts, pallets, and racks. They are not specialized in handling bulk products of any particular type, size, or quantity of goods or products.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Renting or leasing space for self storage--are classified in Industry 531130, Lessors of Miniwarehouses and Self-Storage Units; and
- Selling in combination with handling and/or distributing goods to other wholesale or retail establishments--are classified in Sector 42, Wholesale Trade.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Bonded warehousing, general merchandise
- General warehousing and storage
- Private warehousing and storage, general merchandise
- Public warehousing and storage (except self storage), general merchandise
- Warehousing (including foreign trade zones), general merchandise
- Warehousing and storage, general merchandise