2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in acquiring and registering copyrights for musical compositions in accordance with law and promoting and authorizing the use of these compositions in recordings, radio, television, motion pictures, live performances, print, or other media. Establishments in this industry represent the interests of the songwriter or other owners of musical compositions to produce revenues from the use of such works, generally through licensing agreements. These establishments may own the copyright or act as administrator of the music copyrights on behalf of copyright owners. Publishers of music books and sheet music are included in this industry.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged as independent songwriters who act as their own publishers are classified in Industry 711510, Independent Artists, Writers, and Performers.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Music book (i.e., bound sheet music) publishers
- Music book (i.e., bound sheet music) publishers and printing combined
- Music copyright authorizing use
- Music copyright buying and licensing
- Music publishers
- Music, sheet, publishers and printing combined
- Publishers, music
- Sheet music publishers
- Sheet music publishers and printing combined
- Song publishers
- Song publishers and printing combined