2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing the facilities and technical expertise for sound recording in a studio. This industry includes establishments that provide audio production and postproduction services to produce master recordings. These establishments may provide audio services for film, television, and video productions.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Releasing, promoting, and distributing sound recordings--are classified in Industry 512220, Integrated Record Production/Distribution;
- Providing mass duplication of recorded products--are classified in U.S. Industry 334612, Prerecorded Compact Disc (except Software), Tape, and Record Reproducing; and
- Contracting with musical artists, arranging for the production of master recordings, and marketing the reproduction rights--are classified in Industry 512210, Record Production.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Audio recording post-production services
- Recording studios, sound, operating on a contract or fee basis
- Sound recording studios (except integrated record companies)