2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in assembling and transmitting aural programming to their affiliates or subscribers via over-the-air broadcasts, cable, or satellite. The programming covers a wide variety of material, such as news services, religious programming, weather, sports, or music.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Broadcasting exclusively on the Internet--are classified in Industry 519130, Internet Publishing and Broadcasting and Web Search Portals; and
- Producing taped radio programming--are classified in Industry 512290, Other Sound Recording Industries.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Broadcasting networks, radio
- Network broadcasting service, radio
- Network radio broadcasting
- Radio broadcasting network services
- Radio broadcasting networks
- Radio broadcasting syndicates
- Satellite radio networks