2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in broadcasting images together with sound. These establishments operate television broadcasting studios and facilities for the programming and transmission of programs to the public. These establishments also produce or transmit visual programming to affiliated broadcast television stations, which in turn broadcast the programs to the public on a predetermined schedule. Programming may originate in their own studio, from an affiliated network, or from external sources.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Broadcasting exclusively on the Internet--are classified in Industry 519130, Internet Publishing and Broadcasting and Web Search Portals;
- Producing taped television program materials--are classified in Industry 512110, Motion Picture and Video Production;
- Furnishing cable and other pay television services--are classified in Industry 517110, Wired Telecommunications Carriers; and
- Producing and broadcasting television programs for cable and satellite television systems--are classified in Industry 515210, Cable and Other Subscription Programming.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Broadcasting networks, television
- Broadcasting stations, television
- Network television broadcasting
- Television broadcasting networks
- Television broadcasting stations