2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments engaged in purchasing access and network capacity from owners and operators of telecommunications networks and reselling wired and wireless telecommunications services (except satellite) to businesses and households. Establishments in this industry resell telecommunications; they do not operate transmission facilities and infrastructure. Mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs) are included in this industry.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Operating and maintaining wired telecommunications networks--are classified in Industry 517110, Wired Telecommunications Carriers;
- Operating and maintaining wireless telecommunications networks--are classified in Industry 517210, Wireless Telecommunications Carriers (except Satellite); and
- Reselling satellite telecommunications services--are classified in Industry 517410, Satellite Telecommunications.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Long-distance telecommunication resellers (except satellite)
- Microwave telecommunication resellers
- Pre-paid calling cards, telecommunications resellers
- Resellers, telecommunication (except satellite)
- Telecommunications resellers
- Telephone communications resellers (except satellite)
- Wired telecommunication resellers
- Wireless telecommunication resellers (except satellite)