2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in making cash loans or extending credit through credit instruments (except credit cards and sales finance agreements).
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Providing credit sales by issuing credit cards--are classified in Industry 52221, Credit Card Issuing;
- Providing leases for equipment and other assets without sales financing--are classified in Subsector 532, Rental and Leasing Services;
- Accepting deposits and lending funds from these deposits--are classified in Industry Group 5221, Depository Credit Intermediation;
- Arranging loans for others on a commission or fee basis--are classified in Industry 52231, Mortgage and Nonmortgage Loan Brokers; and
- Guaranteeing international trade loans--are classified in Industry 52412, Direct Insurance (except Life, Health, and Medical) Carriers.