2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in lending funds with real estate as collateral.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Servicing loans--are classified in Industry 522390, Other Activities Related to Credit Intermediation;
- Arranging loans for others on a commission or fee basis--are classified in Industry 522310, Mortgage and Nonmortgage Loan Brokers; and
- Accepting deposits and lending funds secured by real estate--are classified in Industry Group 5221, Depository Credit Intermediation.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Construction lending
- Farm mortgage lending
- Federal Land Banks
- Home equity credit lending
- Loan correspondents (i.e., lending funds with real estate as collaterial)
- Mortgage banking (i.e., nondepository mortgage lending)
- Mortgage companies
- Real estate credit lending
- Reverse mortgage lending