2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in facilitating credit intermediation (except mortgage and loan brokerage; and financial transactions processing, reserve, and clearinghouse activities).
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Arranging loans for others on a commission or fee basis--are classified in Industry 522310, Mortgage and Nonmortgage Loan Brokers;
- Providing financial transactions processing, reserve, and clearinghouse activities--are classified in Industry 522320, Financial Transactions Processing, Reserve, and Clearinghouse Activities;
- Foreign currency exchange dealing--are classified in Industry 523130, Commodity Contracts Dealing; and
- Providing escrow services (except real estate)--are classified in U.S. Industry 523991, Trust, Fiduciary, and Custody Activities.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Check cashing services
- Loan servicing
- Money order issuance services
- Money transmission services
- Travelers' check issuance services