2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in acting as agents (i.e., brokers) in buying or selling spot or future commodity contracts or options on a commission or transaction fee basis.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Acting as principals in buying or selling spot or futures commodity contracts generally on a spread basis--are classified in Industry 523130, Commodity Contracts Dealing; and
- Buying and selling physical commodities for resale to other than the general public--are classified in Sector 42, Wholesale Trade.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Brokerages, commodity contracts
- Commodity contracts brokerages
- Commodity contracts brokers' offices
- Commodity contracts floor brokers
- Commodity contracts options brokerages
- Commodity futures brokerages
- Financial futures brokerages
- Futures commodity contracts brokerages
- Futures commodity contracts brokers' offices