2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing trust, fiduciary, and custody services to others, as instructed, on a fee or contract basis, such as bank trust offices and escrow agencies (except real estate).
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Managing the portfolio assets (i.e., funds) of others--are classified in Industry 523920, Portfolio Management;
- Performing real estate escrow or real estate fiduciary activities--are classified in Industry 531390, Other Activities Related to Real Estate; and
- Awarding grants from trust funds--are classified in Industry 81321, Grantmaking and Giving Services.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Administrators of private estates
- Bank trust offices
- Escrow agencies (except real estate)
- Fiduciary agencies (except real estate)
- Personal investments trust administration
- Securities custodians
- Trust administration, personal investment
- Trust companies, nondepository